Stop the presses, Elgin Street Sugar Mountain is open again! Now more
fabulous and fantastic than ever before, checking out the new look of
Sugar Mountain's Head Office candy store is a must for all you Ottawa
But, some people ask, what exactly did you change? We can see the lovely
new tiled floors, the fresh coat of paint and the refurbished candy
islands, but surely there's more! Well there certainly is, here's a few of
those behind-the-scene store changes that you might not have noticed yet:*
- Completed maintenance and repairs to our anti-gravity machine, which
keeps the candy boxes on our ceiling.
- Installed sauna, pool table and miniature pony farm in employee break
room. (We're hiring, by the way!)
- Added Oompa Loompa-sized staircase up to Head Office, to better
accommodate important visitors.
- Built a dance floor in front of the drink fridge, come in and jam to our
- Took all staff to an extensive month-long training camp, where they were
taught advanced sugar mountaineering, lolly popping, taffy pulling, gum
chewing and ninjitsu.
Unfortunately, all this took a little longer than the two weeks we'd
originally planned, but we're really happy to be back now. Please come
visit us over the holidays, for our awesome collection of classic treats
and great stocking stuffers!
*Some of these repairs may be ongoing, incomplete or completely fictional.
The rest are completely true, except when they aren't.